If you are interested in growing your website or business using SEO techniques, you may have come across the term “backlink” more than once. Backlinks are simply links on web pages that connect one to another, meaning that links from external sources are called backlinks. Links to your website are among the most important factors for search engines to rank your website, so why is that?
They are votes of confidence to your content from other web sources. Search engines regard them highly and more likely to increase your rankings on SERPs. Other than their effects on rankings, they can increase your discoverability on the web and increase your referral traffic.
Link building is about getting backlinks from other web pages to your own to increase your rankings, visibility, and organic traffic. As a site owner, you should place great importance on link building to succeed. To achieve that, it is a must to come up with reliable link building strategies.
Although link building strategies vary greatly, there a couple of features to look for while link building:
- High-Authority Backlinks: If a website keeps accumulating links from other websites, its authority increases on its relevant topic. So a link from a high-authority website is almost always more powerful than a low-authority website.
- DoFollow Links: “DoFollow” attribute on links instruct search engines to follow the link while crawling. So when it comes to link building, it is important to get DoFollow links instead of NoFollow links, which instruct search engines to ignore the link.
- Link Relevancy: Context is important on link building. Your website should be linked to sites that are somehow relevant to your content.
High-authority backlinks are essential for your link building strategy. If you have links from sites with high-authority, you are more likely to rank higher on SERPs. We listed some strategies that might help you acquire high-authority links:
- Create High-Quality Content: If your website has good content that might be beneficial to others, people will use it on their websites. This will naturally get you high-authority links.
- Give Testimonials: It is a smart move to offer testimonials to the services or products you trust. You can offer them a testimonial and get a backlink in return.
- Broken Links: You can search for broken links on a high-authority website and contact the site owner to replace it with your content.
Backlinks are amongst the most important factors to rank websites. In upcoming years, backlinks are most likely to keep their significance.
There are many free & paid SEO tools out there that will help you check the quality of your links with metrics like page authority, domain authority, and many more.
Search engines generally take notice of a backlink within a few days, but its effects on search results might take more than a couple weeks.
Backlinks are essential to rank your website, and you should use proven link building techniques to move your website higher. They should be acquired from high-authority websites whenever possible. If you want to learn more about related topics, please visit our website to see more articles.