What is Google News? In order to understand, first, we need to define it and analyze its purpose and functions.
Google News collects and combines thousands of news from different sites. The main service is to detect and organize different news to inform each user depending on their interests. It tries to increase the visibility of sources and flow traffic to websites. The indexing process is designed to organize different types of news and articles. It provides news in three different sections:
- Top news
- Custom news
- In-depth articles
How Do I Use Google News?
There are five main parts about how to use Google news.
- Getting Started. Go to Google News. Click on the news search results and log in with your Google account. You can select your favorite topic from the left side and open the ‘For You’ section for your top stories. Then you can share news on social media platforms.
- Change general settings. You can manage hidden sources and Google News activities on the settings menu.
- Change region and language according to your country.
- You can follow a specific topic and save a search. Later you can check your favorite topics.
- When you find an article and have no time to read it, you can save it and read it later.
How to Get to Google News?
After understanding “What is Google News?”, it is time to get to it! Google News collects articles from 20,000 publishers around the world. This powerful tool lets people get the latest news from their region. So to get accepted to Google News, there are main tips and steps to keep in mind.
As a webmaster, first, you must follow Google News guidelines. You need to help Google find and understand your site. It is important to follow these principles:
- Make useful content that has a unique value for your readers. It can differentiate you from competitors.
- Design pages primarily for visitors, not only for search engines.
- Don’t use tricks to improve website ranks. Focus on user experience other than trying to manipulate search engines.
- It is important not to include misleading information.
Apply to your website to get included in Google News by following these steps:
- Navigate to the News Publisher center.
- In the Search Console, you need to verify your website ownership.
- Send your request for containment.
- Update new section URLs and add site details. Then click ‘Submit’.
You can increase your chances of getting listed in Google News by focusing on the following:
- Niche content
- Using correct format
- Human-friendly URLs
- Using HTML and articles links
- Building sitemap.xml
- Structured data and robots.txt
- Meta tags
What Is the Benefit of Google News?
Having a Google News website is great for getting visibility and attracting traffic. Also, you need to focus on on-page SEO elements. If your news articles have reached visibility, you can have more users, with advantages for SERP because articles presented on Google News have a better chance of being indexed than other pages. It is also great for your website and SEO.
Google uses the latest algorithm to rank the best news. So the best websites in the world get the best traffic. These are the top benefits of having an approved website in Google News:
- Brand value
- Large traffic
- Increased links to the website
- Positive value because of publishing fresh content
- Having ‘Authority Site’ status
- Fast indexing
- High organic traffic
- Fast and automatic SEO
- Twofold presence
- Powerful backlinks
- Less SEO effort
How Does Google News Work?
Google News allows the visitors and audience to engage with your content with a diverse set of features. This experience includes important monetization and branding prospects such as advertising sales. To provide the best user experience, you can select between direct control and traffic. You need to share timely news pieces to get ranked on Google News.
How Does Google News Rank Your Website?
Many kinds of sites benefit from getting featured on Google News. You need to follow its guidelines and publish newsworthy articles to rank in Google News. It determines ranking algorithmically depending on several factors. If your content and articles stay in trend, you have a higher chance of ranking on Google News. It must be appreciated by users and built with SEO rules.
These are some Google News ranking factors that can help your website get ranked by Google News:
- Content relevance– You have to have relevant keywords in your articles. News articles must be shown for a user’s query.
- Original content– The priority of the Google News algorithm is original news reporting. So you need to make sure you provide original insight.
- Trustworthy source– It is important to have credibility and authorship for a trustworthy source. Because the audience always prefers reliable sources and information. Especially when it comes to news, people tend to act critically.
- Publishing time– As a news webmaster, you need to publish news throughout the day to be active for SEO. Because people search for news continuously, make on-page SEO elements such as meta titles short and sweet. It is important for your ranking on Google News. It will show that your website and articles are the most chosen ones.
- Usability– Usability is very important since it evaluates how it is easy to see content on device types. Google News also focuses on loading speed, mobile-friendliness, and responsive design to rank your website.
- Authoritativeness – Its priority is high-quality info from the most trustworthy sources available.
In this article, we answered the question “What is Google News?” and briefly discussed how to use it to rank higher on news search engines. First, it is important to get to Google News by following all guidelines that will help you to become an authorized publisher. Later we discussed its benefits and how it ranks a website depending on certain points.
Frequently Asked Questions on Google News
Is Google News beneficial for SEO?
It is great for your website’s SEO if you are prominent on Google news. It will provide an authority boost and increase your website’s popularity and traffic. On-page SEO elements will be very effective in this part.
Can I earn money from Google News?
Yes, you can earn money on Google News by getting clicks on your website pages. Every hour Google News articles earn thousands of clicks and generate revenues for website owners.
Why is Google News reliable?
Google News aims to provide trustworthy information. Its algorithms are designed to collect news from authoritative sources. It requires several guidelines from website owners and publishers, making them accountable for being represented in news results.